If you are anything like us, when Sunday morning rolls around you will be ready for a kick in the pants, and a killer Bloody Mary! There are many, many versions of the Bloody Mary. We are mixing up a mid-west style bloody, and thought what could be better, than a little BBQ and Spice! We hope this gets your day started right, and gets you into the Midwest spirit.
Tomato juice, fresh lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, whole grain mustard, BBQ sauce, Tabasco, celery salt and grill seasoning…yep, we don’t mess around! It’s the real deal delicious!
To add the seasoned rim, rub the rim with a lime wedge, and dip the rim into the seasoning on a plate.
Cheers to a great race, and the long weekend!
Backwoods BBQ Bloody Mary
- • 6 cups tomato juice
- • 2 cups vodka
- • 1 tablespoon lime juice
- • 1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- • 1 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- • 1 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- • 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- • 10 dashes tabasco
- • 1 teaspoons celery salt
- • salt and pepper to taste
- • 2 tablespoons BBQ or grilling seasoning, plus extra for the rim (we used chipotle and garlic
grilling seasoning, it is super tasty)
- 1. Mix all ingredients in a pitcher. Make sure all of the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- 2. To rim the glass with the BBQ seasoning, rub the rim of the glass with a lime wedge. Spared the
seasoning on a plate. Then dip the rim into the seasoning.
- 3. Pour the Bloody Mary over ice, and garnish with the optional ingredients:
- – Lime wedge, celery stalk, sweet pepper, green onion, pickle, asparagus, baby corn, pickled green
bean, carrot, bacon, shrimp…or whatever suits your Race Day mood!