Cheese and apples are a delicious pair! Wanna take it up a notch? Fry apples in olive oil, gently toast ciabatta bread, brushed with olive oil, and top it off with a slice of delicious Manchego cheese! Your guests will love this combo. The buttery texture, and mild flavor of the manchego cheese pairs perfectly with a crisp apple.
Simple and delicious! We garnished this dish with fresh garlic chives from the garden!
Manchego and Warm Apple Tapas
• 3 slices of ciabatta bread
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 crisp apple, cored and cut into pieces
• ¼ lb. manchego cheese, sliced into 6 slices
• 1 tablespoon garlic chives, for garnish
1. Slice ciabatta bread into 6 slices.
2. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Brush the bread with olive oil, and toast in the skillet for 1 or 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Remove from heat, and set on your serving platter.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the skillet. Add the apple slices and cook for 2 or 3 minutes on each side. The apples should be slightly golden.
4. Top each slice of ciabatta bread with two slices of apples, and a slice of cheese. Garnish with fresh snipped garlic chives. We used bamboo skewers to hold the tapas together, and make serving a breeze.