If you are going to throw a Spanish themed party, Sangria is a must have! We love this cocktail choice because it’s a crowd pleaser, looks beautiful and you can make it ahead of time! Also, this is one of those cocktails you can use some creativity with. Follow our delicious recipe, or change it up! You can throw in your favorite berries, tropical fruit, etc. Sit back relax and enjoy a taste of Spain!
Spanish red wine, Leopold’s maraschino liqueur, black cherry juice, fresh fruit and spices! As if wine doesn’t get any better!
We think star anise not only makes everything look beautiful, but also give it a nice burst of flavor.
Let sit for a couple hours or over night. Stir and serve over ice. Garnish with a fresh strawberry and star anise.
Grand Prix Sangria
• 1 bottle Spanish red wine
• 1 orange and lemon, sliced into round slices
• 1 pear, sliced
• 6 strawberries, sliced in half (plus more for garnish)
• ¼ cup black cherry juice
• ¼ cup Leopold’s maraschino liqueur
• 1 cinnamon stick and 3 star anise (plus more for garnish)
1. Place the fruit and spices in a pitcher
2. Top with the Leopold’s maraschino liqueur, black cherry juice and red wine. Cover, and let sit a couple hour or overnight. If you are letting it sit overnight, place it in the refrigerator
3. Stir, and pour over ice in a wine glass. Garnish with a fresh sliced strawberry and star anise.