Serrano ham is so delicious and pairs great with all types of melons. I like to use cantaloupe because we get the sweetest, juiciest Colorado grown cantaloupe in the summers. Your friends will love this sweet and salty treat that whips up in a just a few minutes.
Slice your melon in half, and the in long, thin slices and cut those in half. Just wrap the Serrano ham around the melon and press it seal. The thin meat will just stick around the melon, no toothpicks needed!
You could add some mint or basil and drizzle with a balsamic glaze.
That’s it, easiest recipe ever but a must have for Barcelona.
Serrano Ham Wrapped Canteloupe
• 1 half canteloupe, cut in half and sliced
• 1/2 pound Serrano ham, sliced paper thin
• Balsamic glaze (optional)
• Fresh mint or basil
1. Cut the canteloupe in half adn scoop out the seeds
2. Remove the skin and slice into long smily face shaped slices 🙂
3. Cut those in half and then wrap each with half slices of serrano ham
4. Stuff with fresh mint or basil if desired
5. Serve with a drizzle of balslmic glaze