For this race we created a twist on a Tequila Sunrise, and used a local distillery’s maraschino liqueur, orange juice, black cherry juice and topped it off with champagne! We have a little snow in Colorado, but we are imagining the warm desert breeze, and beautiful sunset! Cheers!
- 1 ½ oz. blanco or silver tequila
- 3/4 oz. Leopold’s maraschino cherry liqueur
- 1/2 oz. black cherry juice
- 2 oz. orange juice
- top with champagne
- garnish with a fresh orange slice
1. In a cocktail shaker, add tequila, maraschino liqueur and orange juice. Shake with ice and strain over ice in a glass.
2. Using a straw sink the cherry juice to the bottom of the glass. (Use a large straw and slowly pour the cherry juice down the side of the straw. It doesn’t need to go through the straw, just down the side.
3. Top with Champagne and garnish with a fresh orange slice. Cheers to a beautiful desert sunset!