My friend Shannon makes these sandwiches every time I see her and they make a delicious, healthy snack! They are also the most traditional British sandwich so they are perfect for our “sand” wiches and “desert” Bahrain party! Her recipes calls for creamy cheese mixed with onion and herbs, a half rye toast, and thin slice of English cucumber on top! What a great refreshing treat for a desert party!
We wanted them to be extra scrumptious so we used boursin garlic and fine herbs cheese, and then added some fine-diced sweet onion and fresh dill.
Mix them up really good!
Cut the small rye toasts in half diagonally and spoon about two teaspoons of the cheese mix on the center of the toast. Slice about half of and English cucumber into thin, long diagonal slices. Our cucumber was a little thick so we sliced those lengthwise in half as well. Place the cucumber slice on top of the cheese and that’s it! Sprinkle a little fresh dill on top when you are done and enjoy.
Snag a few while you are prepping them; they will go fast!
English Cucumber Sandwiches
- • 1 package boursin garlic and fine herbs cheese
- • 1/2 yellow onion, diced fine
- • 1 English cucumber, sliced thin on the diagonal
- • 1 mini loaf dark rye sliced bread
- • Sprigs fresh dill, some chopped and the rest for garnish
- 1. Mix the cheese, onion, and 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 2. Cut the rye toasts in half on the diagonal
- 3. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of cheese in the center of toasts
- 4. Top with cucumber slice and sprinkle with more fresh dill
- 5. Arrange on plate with fresh dill sprigs