I love the crab Rangoon and I always get an order with Chinese food! One of the F1 Foodies recently developed a shellfish allergy, so we wanted to make a wonton that she could enjoy too! The cute Rangoon flowers add a nice contrast for our three different eggrolls!
Start by mixing the cheeses and jalapeños in a bowl. Cut you eggroll wrappers into 4 squares and layout 4 at a time for stuffing. Spoon the cheese in the center and brush edges with water.
Fold opposing corners together and squeeze the air out around the cheese stuffing.
Press to seal the edges and place on a sheet to deep fry.
Remove from oil with spider and place on a paper towel lined rack to drain. Plate and serve Easy Sweet and Sour Sauce on the side. Cheesy, Spicy, Crispy!
Jalepeno Cheese Wontons
• 1/2 8oz. package cream cheese, softened
• 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• 1 small jalepenos, diced fine
• 4 Eggroll wrappers, each cut into 4 2×2 inch squares
1. Mix cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and jalepenos
2. Lay 4 wonton squares and drop about 2 teaspoon sized balls of cheese mix in the center of each
3. Brush the edges of the squares with water and join two opposing corners and then other two corners and join in the center
4. Press out the air surrounding the cheese and press along the edges to seal the wontons
5. Finish with remaining wontons and fry for about 2 mintues in 350 degree vegatable oil