Calling all race day fans who enjoy a good cocktail. This is a crowd pleaser for sure, and it tastes even better than it looks, if that is possible! Dark rum, cinnamon and orange are so yummy together. Don’t mind if I do…
We made a cinnamon cane sugar simple syrup to add some nice spice to this cocktail! Cinnamon is found in quite a few Chinese dishes, so we thought it would be the perfect cocktail to pair with our food.
In our area, Mandarin oranges are only found in the can, so we used clementines as the citrus for this cocktail.
Dark Night with a Little Spice
- 1 ½ oz dark rum
- 1/4 oz cane sugar and cinnamon simple syrup
- 1/2 oz Cointreau orange liqueur
- 2 slices fresh clementine
- garnish with a cinnamon stick and fresh orange slice and a spritz of orange blossom water
- 1. In a cocktail shaker, muddle 1 slice of fresh orange .
- 2. Add the rum, cinnamon simple syrup and Cointreau.
- 3. Shake and strain into a cocktail glass.
- 4. Garnish with a cinnamon stick, fresh clementine slice and spritz of orange blossom water.
- 5. Cheers!!
To make the Cinnamon Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1. In a small sauce pan bring the water to a boil.
- 2. Add the sugar and cinnamon.
- 3. Let simmer for 5 minutes, remove from heat and let cool.