The perfect sweet treat for this race! If it didn’t get better than eating banana’s foster, try frying it in an egg roll wrapper and dipping it in fresh vanilla bean whipped cream! Look Out! Your race day fans will be begging for you to make these year after year! They are delicious!
I always thought making the bananas foster, was difficult. Who knew it was just butter, sugar, bananas and rum! We oped out of lighting the rum on fire. We just thought it might end in disaster. We are dang good cooks, and super smart career women…but we are still two blondes in the kitchen.
If it didn’t get any better, we made fresh vanilla bean whipped cream as the dip!
Race day Fans – Enjoy!!
Bananas Foster Dessert Egg Rolls with Vanilla Bean Whipped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup cane sugar or light brown sugar
- 4 bananas
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 8 eggroll wrappers
Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 whole vanilla bean
1. Melt butter in large skillet, add sugar, and stir
2. Add the bananas and caramelize over high-heat for 2-3 minutes.
3. Pour in the rum. We did not catch the dish on fire, because we are sissy’s and didn’t want to run the risk of catching Cady’s house on fire…If you chose to, catch a flame off of the gas stove or use a lighter. STAND BACK, when you ignite the rum! Let the flame die down.
4. Working with 1 eggroll wrapper at a time, place the wrapper with one corner of the diamond closest to you. Place a little less than 1/4 cup of the filling in the middle of the wrapper. Roll the corner closest to you over the filling. Brush the top corner with water. Fold in the sides of the wrapper and continue rolling the egg roll up until it is closed. Press to seal. Repeat with remaining filling, yields 8 egg rolls.
5. Heat at least 2 inches vegetable oil to 350
6. Carefully place the egg rolls in hot oil and cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes
7. Egg rolls can be kept warm in oven before serving. Serve with Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream.
To make the Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream
1. In electric mixer beat whipping cream until soft peaks form.
2. Add sugar and vanilla bean.
3. Stir until combined and serve.