We might come across as meat lovers, but don’t get us wrong…we love a good salad! For Malaysia we wanted to create a yummy rice noodle salad with Malaysian flair. This is a perfect side dish with all the pea-nutty, lemongrass and ginger goodness that is found in traditional Malaysian cuisine!
Fresh ingredients make the best salads!
Pour on the dressing and toss!
Malay Noodle Salad
• 5 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
• 1/3 cup honey
• 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
• 1/4 cup soy sauce
• 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
• 1 1/2 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce
• 1 package brown rice noodles
• 1 head savoy cabbage, finely shredded/chopped
• 1 red bell pepper, julienned
• 2 large carrots, shredded
• 1 bunch green onions, chopped fine
• 2 cups bean sprouts
• 1 cup snow peas, hard ends trimmed
• 1 cup cilantro leaves
• 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
1. Cook rice noodles according to package, drain, and rinse in cold water.
2. Whisk dressing ingredients in large bowl.
3. Add the chopped veggies and noodles to the large bowl and toss to coat the dressing.
4. Garnish with some additional chopped cilantro and peanuts.